As Muslims, and as a company striving to be responsible , we believe it is our duty to ensure that being environmentally conscious is every bit as important as producing high quality educational products. We know we still have a long way to go, that is why we regularly review our policy so we that can continue to make further improvements, wherever possible, and therefore try our very best to minimise our impact on the environment.
Our Environmental Policy
- ALL our products are made from recycled materials, except for shrink wrap on some of our products.
- Our new range of tee shirts are made from 100% organic cotton.
- Our website in carbon off-setted.
- Our packaging consists of bio degradable bubble wrap and recycled card boxes, biodegradable bags and envelopes.
- We also have an ongoing initiative whereby we collect packaging and boxes from local businesses and recycle and reuse them where ever possible.
- All stationery used is made from recycled paper.
- Currently we undertake the majority of overseas business from within the UK, which means we do our very best, not to travel abroad for any business requirements.
We try to be as energy efficient as possible in our work environment by:
- Recycle all paper waste
- Compost organic matter.
- Card board box collections
- We have recently upgraded to the most energy efficient office equipment that is currently available on the market.
- Our baby range of soft toys are made under Fair trade conditions.
- We are currently bringing out a new range of fair trade toys.
What’s so good about fair trade?
Fair Trade is not just about making sure workers get a decent wage; it’s so much more than that. It's a completely different business model, one that requires companies to pay sustainable prices that do not fall lower than the market price. Fair trade tackles the unfairness of conventional trade, which on the whole marginalises producers that are poorer, making them unable to earn enough and support their families. A fair trade business model also supports human rights and the right to work in a decent and safe environment, without being forced to work long hours. Other benefits of a fair trade is that it helps communities by developing social projects and initiatives, such as building hospitals and schools which benefits all the people in the locality. When you buy fair trade you are standing up to injustice and supporting poor people in developing countries by making a big difference in their lives.